Wednesday, April 05, 2006

work, work, triathlon

what can I say... it's either work or the triathlon. That's really all I want to think about. Still no response from the ex. I want him to understand that if he wants to be friends that I need honesty. I don't want to make it a big deal. But it's easy for him to move on, as he was the one to walk away first. But I still don't have closure. It's easy to write an email to say hi. But for me, because of the way things ended and that he not into the relationship for the last month or so of it, it's hard for me to believe that he just wanted to say hi. I just want him to understand that. I want him to understand, you can't just hurt someone that badly and expect in 2 months that you can just send and email to say hi and not expect some sort of questions. At the beginning of our relationship I kept saying to myself, " take things one step at a time. Don't move so fast." He was the one to say things like, "You're the first person in 7 years I thought about living with." And even wanting to and starting to think about heading back east to meet my parents and hang out where I grew up. And when I finally felt like, "yeah this is something that's going somewhere and it's ok to take this to the next level," that's when he was on his way out the door. But he was still saying the same things. This isn't like dating in high school. You don't just move on quickly. We're adults now. Things hurt. And confrontation happens. Not all confrontation is bad. A lot of good can come from confrontation. I can't think about this anymore. I'm pooped. Too much time in a pool, on a bike or at work... it's too easy to let your mind wander.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home