Monday, March 06, 2006

Seattle - I get it. It's time to move

So this weekend was pretty uneventful. I missed my knitting class. I thought it was on Sunday and in fact it was on Saturday. Fortunately for me, they're super nice and they just gave me a credit so that I can sign up for the next class. I did all my running around yesterday and got home, rested a bit and then ran my rent check over to the landlords. I got up this morning and found my driver's side window completely knocked out. Thank God for safety glass. otherwise my driver's seat would have been covered in broken glass. I look in and nothing was stolen. It looks like they tried to take the radio but for some reason couldn't. Nothing was really damaged - nothing but the window and the trim around the radio console. Everything still works. So I call the police... again. This is the 3 time in 6 months that I've had to call the police about my car. The first time it was stolen. The second time they stole my license plates. And now this. I call and the woman was less than pleasant. I was doing my best to be nice under the circumstances. She asked me if the car would start. Well I'm not sure. I don't want to move anything if you all are coming out. To which she replied "Well we won't clean up the glass." Ok thank you for the attitude. So I replied with, "Well perhaps you should work on fixing the crime in my neighborhood. This is the 3 time I have called about something in 6 months." She shut up a bit.
So now I get to pay $200 to have my window replaced. As well as flyer the neighborhood and start a neighborhood watch program. Because I just don't have enough to do.

I also am getting the feeling that Seattle does not want me here. Never have I ever felt like the city was out to get me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home