Sunday, August 20, 2006

What did I do today? Oh that's right a triathlon!

I did my triathlon today. I was a bit nervouse at first, but I did it! I finished in 1 hour, 54 minutes and 42 seconds. Roughly 5 and 18 seconds under what I predicted!
The swim was definitely tough. I ended up doing most of it on my back or sidestroking. It seemed to be the only way I could really control my breathing. That and I got hit a couple of times and someone swam over my legs. But I did it in 23 minutes, so I was happy with that. My first transition was a bit long, only because I helped someone get their bike unlocked from the other bikes and then I got my bike stuck on the chain of one of the bikes around me. The ride was pretty good. I had to get off my bike on Day St just because there was a speedy person on my left and a walker in front of me. After that, it was pretty darn good. And I remember thinking, "this is friggin' awesome! I'm doing a triathlon!" The bike part I did in 49 minutes or so. Bike to run transition was darn good - I didn't have bike shoes, so it was throw the bike on the rack, remove the helmet, throw on my number and get running. By that point my legs and the rest of me were a bit achy, so I tryed to take it a bit easy. I did some walking but I'm guessing I ran most of it. On the run, I just remember not even really having control of my legs. They wanted to run and that's what I did. I ran the big hill and after that, it all seemed pretty darn easy. Once hit the chute, it was an all out sprint. And I think I did the run in around 33 minutes.
And I have to say, we had the perfect transition spot (thank you team danskin training!). We were dead center in the transition area.
I also walked down and watched the elites hit the water. And made it back to the transition area in time to be jealous of their bikes.
I definitely felt pretty darn good thru the whole thing and I took time to really kinda take it all in and enjoy it. I had a blast! I can honestly say, I'm definitely doing that again next year. And perhaps a few more during the summer.
Dear God help me... I'm hooked.

So what did you do today?

3 Comments:

Blogger megan said...

yay - congratulations!!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Naomi said...

Wow thats awesome. A triathlon is VERY impressive.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Well done! I have recently completed a half marathon. I too like crafty things but never seem to get them done. Similar peeps me thinks. x

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home