Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It's been awhile, I know...

I know it's been a bit since I've blogged. So while I've got a bit of downtime, why not fill you up with some juicy details of my life. I tried a triathlon specific wetsuit for one of our open water swims. It was truly awful. And we also did a our first practice mass swim start. Which was even worse. I'm not sure if having the wetsuit threw me off or what, but I went right back to all my bad swim habits. I even did the mom swim for a bit (that's when you swim with your head above water because you don't want to get your hair wet). And we barely swam 100 yards and I was winded. Then when we did our actual swim workout (still in the wetsuit), I could barely swim a quarter of the way out to the buoy. I've been swimming to that damn buoy for a months now and that night I just couldn't do it. I could not get used to the wetsuit. I felt like I was fighting it the whole time. So I took the darn thing off and went up the hill to see a friend race in the crit races up at the top of seward park. On the way down the hill, I stepped wrong and twisted my knee. It was just an awful training day.
Fortunately the weekend turned out to be a bit better. I was given a 90 minute lomi lomi massage as a present for watching Tobi, my upstairs neighbor's dog. It was amazing. I'm gonna have to do that again... real soon.
Our next training day was our first brick workout. It was during our hot spell. It was about 96 degrees out. Which I'm sure is not that hot for some people, but not being around weather that hot for a bit of time, it's unbareable. And then to have to bike 7 miles and jump off your bike and run for 20 minutes. But I did alright. I kept my heart rate constant and within my target rate, and still finished the workout pretty quickly. So I felt better about my training. I also spent some more time in the water yesterday trying to get myself back to the good swimmer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home