Wednesday, May 24, 2006

This weekend..where'd it go?

I ended up not hitting the pool this weekend. I tried my hardest, but i just couldn't get myself to do much of anything. I did go grocery shopping, but that was about it. I didn't go to the U-district street fair. I don't know why really. I guess I just needed some time to recharge. I did make it to the Rat City Roller Girls! I loved it! I'm a fan! If you don't know what the Rat City Roller Girls are... well check out their site. I tried to take some photos, but I'm not sure how they'll come out. It was pretty dark and the flash didn't work. Not to mention we were in the beer garden. What? You can't go to roller derby and not have a PBR... that's unamerican.
Sunday I tried to go for a run and just couldn't get find my pace. It was awful. I tried to "run thru it" and it just wasn't working. I ended up basically walking for about an hour. I figured it was better than just giving up and going home.
I made it to swimming yesterday and kicked butt! I'm finally swimming a proper freestyle swim and by proper I mean, my head is in the water and I'm actually not trying to hold my breath for the entire length of the pool. And I have to say it felt really good. I probably could have done a longer continuous swim but I think I just saw the wall and felt that I better stop and rest. I think once I get out in the lake I'll be fine. Now I can't wait to get in the Lake. It's a shame it's like 58 degrees or something horrible.
And some more great news for me... Brian Regan is coming to town in December. He is probably in my top 5 favorite comedians. I'm just waiting until payday to get my tickets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home