Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Bad Luck Girl, strikes again

So after getting my car fixed... $350 later, I leave the repair shop. I make a stop at Trader Joe's on the way home (about 8 blocks away from the repair shop). I walk out to my car and the back tire is completely and totally flat. I call a couple of friends, and one suggests that I call the repair shop. Good point. I should do that. So I do. They come down, put air in the tire and don't notice any sort of leak. And quite honestly it's hard to deal in a partking lot. So I drive to the Firestone place by my house. They take the tire off and patch it. Apparently there was a piece of metal stuck in the tire. $20 and about 45 minutes later, I head home. I get up in the morning, get in my car and start driving... I get about 3 blocks from the house and think, "My car is not supposed to make that kind of noise." I pull over as soon as I can and realize the same tire, the tire that was flat and then fixed, was flat again. I call my friend and he's now on his way to help me put the do-nut on. I unlock trunk, pull the do-nut out and realize I have half a jack and no tire iron. So my friend show's up, we try his tire iron but it's too big. So we go back to my place, call Firestone and they come out to change the tire and follow me back to their shop. Another 30/45 minutes later, it's apparently a leaky valve. No charge... Gee thanks. It was your expert that somehow missed that pesky little leak. I must have been a used car salesman or have run a sweatshop filled with children workers in a former life. I have been punk'd by the universe yet again.
As for dealing with the doctors at UW Medical center... I've decided that this is the universes way of saying, I should do this without medication. So we'll just see where this road takes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home