Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The waiting game

So I'm in a bit a of a holding pattern. I'm waiting for a call back from the UW therapists. I'm waiting to see if my therapists actually faxed over a referral. I'm waiting to get paid. I'm waiting to get cable internet connection at home.... basically I'm just waiting. I did get a great suprize in the mail yesterday. My good friend Linda sent me a ton of film for my Holga and an awesome book called Design it Yourself. It's such a great book. It actually got me motivated to work on my portfolio site again. I've scrapped my original design and started with something that i think is a bit better.
Oh yeah, and it's Valentine's day. I can't tell you how sick of all the jewelry commercials, the flower and candy commercials. And the general feeling of "If you don't have a special someone for Valentine's day, that's just sad and almost Unamerican." It's not like I chose to be alone on Valentine's day. Before all of this happened we actually had plans for Valentine's day. We were planning on going to San Francisco this weekend to celebrate. Oh well. Shit changes, with no reason or warning. I plan on spending this day, trying to avoid any and all talk of love, relationships and my plans for Valentine's day. I haven't had a boyfriend on Valentine's day since high school, so for me it's just another day. Thanks Hallmark for making us single people feel like losers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home