Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Back on the bike and back to school

I got back on my bike after my day off of training. I went about 10 miles. It took every ounce of my strength to do it. I guess because the past couple of days have been long work days. Whatever. Work is work. Sometimes it's hard and sometimes it's not. I filled out my application for school. Yup. It's decided. I'll be heading back to school - part time - to work towards another bachelors and possible a masters in nutrition. The big goal, to become a nutritionist, specializing in sports nutrition.
I'm such a dork. This weekend, I went to see my friend Andrew race (he's a cyclist). And when I was hanging out with him and his friends, we were hanging out with his team. And all I could think of was, "I'm hanging with the cool kids... the athletes." I'm a total dork. But it also made me realize that I really love being around sports and athletes. I may not be the best athlete in the world, but I really do enjoy all that goes with it. Just thinking out loud here, but how friggin' great would it be to somehow get involved with the World's Strongest Man Competition. That would kill two birds with one stone - work with athletes and embarass the hell out of mom. What more could you ask for in a job? I love you mom! I really do!
And one final note, I was checking out my friend, Kristian's blog and of course that led me to some of my other friend's myspace pages and their websites. And I got a bit teary-eyed. I miss those guys. And I miss Jersey House... (you know who you are.) I love you guys. I will always remember Joe DJ'ing in his room, Bug with a cup of coffee and the morning paper, Mark in the love bottle, Dinardo talking about Kiss, Brian in Kiss makeup, me and Paulie cracking up and just about everything Brian did, and Kristian instigating and sitting back watching the fun. And how could I forget our friend Frank and watching Mark try and describe what I looked like from about 50 feet away. Let's just say it was similar to the "she's got huge tracks of land" gesture from the Holy Grail. And then there's Ken... Ken, I don't think I ever told you this, but the Valentine's day that we went to see WWF wrestling, still stands as the best Valentine's day I've ever had. I wish I were kidding, but it's true. We're also the only two sober people at the end of the night and we were able to recall all the damaging things the rest of you did.
I work with a bunch of 17 year old kids, who really can't seem to imagine half the stuff I tell them we did. ( And then in the same breathe they say stupid shit like, "House of Pain? Don't you mean Whitey Ford?" Seriously. I can't work like that.)
So I guess, that begs the question, when and where is the big residents and friend and family of Jersey House reunion?

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Seriously... I'm an idiot. Perhaps it's the 60 degree water I'm swimming in on a regular basis. I'm not right.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home