Sunday, June 11, 2006

The first race of the season!

Today I did my first race of the season. It was the Furry 5k to benefit the animal shelter (where I got my two nutty cats). The cool thing with this race is that you can run with your dog. As I have no dog, I ran solo. Dodging dogs and doggie doo the whole time. My only goal for this race was to finish in under and hour. Which is totally do-able. Considering I can walk 4 miles in about an hour. Another sorta goal was to run the whole thing. Unfortunately I didn't meet that goal. But I did my best and I ended up running at least 3/4s of the race. So I was pleased with that. My time ended up being 35 minutes 10 sec. So I feel a bit better about running and where I am with that. Now I just need to work on my swim times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home