Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Good, the Bad and the whatever

I got to see my photos up at the Edmonds Arts Festival. Which as pretty darn cool. When I got there, neither of them had sold. So I thought, well it's pretty cool that I got in and if I decide to enter another show, I'll at least have 2 photos ready to go. Then as I was on my way home I got a call from a volunteer with the festival. Apparently one of my photos sold shortly after I left. So I went back later to go and pick up the remaining photo, I ran into the guy who bought the one photo. He said he thought it was a cool photo, but when his son pointed out it was taken at the Getty in LA, that's when he really thought he wanted to buy it. Apparently he had been dating someone for about 6 years and she worked at the Getty. While the relationship never worked out, he's now got a small piece to remind him of that time in his life. Which, if you ask me, is a pretty darn cool story.
As for the bad, well, I just found out that my direct deposit paycheck, didn't get directly deposited into my account. So for the past 4 days I have been without my paycheck and bouncing checks and accumulating overdraft charges like it's going out of style. I'm so glad that I signed up for automatic bill pay for most of my bills. Thanks... Hopefully tomorrow this will all be sorted out. If not, I'll have to kill someone.
And the whatever part, I did yet another lake swim sans wetsuit. I'm actually getting used to the water and the temperature. The best part about the swim this time was that there were several other tri folks there. All in wetsuits. And here I come, no wetsuit. Everyone was either impressed or thought I was the biggest tool in the world. I'm going with impressed.
Tomorrow I start my group training. I can't wait to see what we'll be doing for the next couple of weeks. It should be a good time. Or at the very least, a workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home