Sunday, June 25, 2006

I swam like a champ... and then I broke my toe

I went to Colman Pool over in West Seattle on Saturday. That is an amazing pool. It sits right on the Sound. So you get this awesome view. It's also a 50 yard pool unlike the others that are 25 yards. And it's also a heated salt water pool. It's awesome. I swam a half mile, which felt pretty good. I was a bit tired and of course had to stop and slow down for the other people that shared the lane with me. But I think I did a half mile in under and hour. When I got out of the pool, I started walking over to my towel and I stubbed my toe on one of the small rocks they have embedded into the cement. It hurt like hell and there was some muffled swearing and I figured I just stubbed it and it was gonna hurt for a bit. Well, I got back home and it was throbbing. I put it up and waited a bit. If the body goes thru a bone break your temperature goes up as it's your body's defense mechanism. So I took my temperature and sure enough my temp went up. And by this point I couldn't bend my toe and it was a nice shade of blue and purple. So I went down to Seward Park with an ice pack and read my book and iced my toe. Hey, it was nice out. I wasn't about to stay inside. My neighbor joined me down at the park and we went for a swim... roughly another half mile, if not more. So aside from breaking my toe, this weekend was darn good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home